Gold is a beautiful metal and an asset for its owners, moreover, this valuable metal requires care and maintenance. When it comes to polishing your gold rings, you don’t always have to go to a professional to take help, in fact, you can do it yourself at home as well!
So, if you follow a correct method, you can polish your jewelry at home better than anybody in the market. So, here are some of the few ways on how to polish gold rings.
How to polish gold ring using baking soda and dish soap
Here are the easy cleaning and polishing methods that you can use to polish your gold rings and bring back their shine. Moreover, remember not to overuse the ingredients like baking soda as it can be quite abrasive for a soft metal like gold. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and fill it up with the water. Add a few drops of a mild dishwashing liquid into it, and a small amount of baking soda. Mix this well to create a cleaning solution.
- Dip your gold rings into this cleaning solution gently and allow them to soak for just a few minutes.
- Now, take a soft, clean toothbrush and scrub your gold rings very gently using the cleaning solution. Make sure that you use very soft and gentle scrubbing motions, as gold is a very delicate metal, and you don’t want to damage it while scrubbing.
- Using some warm water, rinse off the gold rings one by one so that you rinse away all the baking soda and soap from them.
- Use a soft cloth to simply dry off the gold rings, but be sure not to use any paper towels, tissues, or any old cloth to dry the things, as it might even scratch the surface of the gold rings.
- Then, in the end, finally, take a soft cloth and use it to polish your gold rings and restore their shine once again.
How to polish your gold rings with the help of a club soda
Here is another excellent method that you can use at home to polish and clean your gold rings. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and add some club soda in it.
- Now, gently place your gold rings into the bowl and allow them to soak undisturbed for around 10 minutes.
- Remove the gold rings one by one and brush them using a soft-bristled brush, or a baby brush. Do this with all the gold rings before you rinse them off.
- Rinse all your gold rings under running water and allow them to air dry.
- Finally, take a polishing cloth and buff your gold rings so that they shine like new once again!
How to polish your gold rings using vinegar
White vinegar can be quite acidic. You can use this method occasionally to clean and polish your gold ring. Here is how you can do it:
- Take a small bowl and add water and white distilled vinegar to it in equal parts, so that you can dilute the vinegar.
- Dip your gold rings into this solution and allow them to soak for a maximum of 10 minutes only. At occasional intervals, stir the bowl slightly so that the vinegar works in your gold rings.
- Remove your rings from the bowl and rinse them with the help of cold water only.
- Dry the gold rings with the help of lint-free soft cloth and use a polishing cloth to polish and buff your gold rings. It will return the shine and polish back to your gold rings once again.
How to polish gold with Dremel
Dremel is an excellent polishing formula that contains polymers, gentle enough to not damage your gold rings but still powerful enough to give them a thorough cleaning.
To begin, place your gold rings in the dip tray and dip them for 30 seconds in a container of lukewarm water and mild soap. Use the brush to clean your gold rings, but remember not to scrub too hard as you might even scratch it. Clean the rings with the water and dry it thoroughly.
Now, apply some Dremel cleaner on your gold ring and clean it with the inner part of your polishing cloth, removing dirt and grime. Finally, in the end, use the darkest side of the polishing cloth for achieving the best shine and polish on your gold rings.
Can you polish gold filigree ring?
Your ring is happiest when it is clean. Most gems can be cleaned with the help of warm water, mild dish soap, and a soft toothbrush. Rinse your ring in a glass of water to remove cleaning solutions, so that you don’t risk losing loose stones or an entire piece of a ring to the sink drain.
How to polish tarnished rose gold ring?
Make a paste with baking soda and water. Usually, this consists of three parts baking soda and one part water. Then apply using the baking soda to a clean, soft cloth and rub the ring to remove the tarnish. When the rag turns grey, use a different area of the rag.
Is it safe to use acetone, nail polish remover on a gold ring?
Moreover, household items are not meant for cleaning rings or jewelry as it can lead to a permanently damaging your precious jewelry.